At HighRise Ministries we strive to be a COMMUNITY that seeks STRENGTH and TRUTH. These values are the basis for our ministry and we wanted to share a bit about how each of these inform our work in Bangkok.
We believe that community is a place where health, growth, and encouragement are found, and therefore we work to incorporate community into all we do. The HighRise community hopes to be a Third Place, or a place for people to spend their time when they are not at school, work, or home. We are a community where people come to relax, have fun, and spend time with friends.
We value and work to develop strength in our community. This means working through and processing the hard things of the past to bring emotional health. This means studying the Bible and practicing spiritual disciplines to develop spiritual maturity. This also encompasses leadership training, coaching, and mentoring young adults. We work to develop emotionally and spiritually healthy leaders, who are empowered to share gospel.
In the HighRise community we strive to see the truth rise to the surface in all that we do. We empower Christian leaders in our community to share the gospel with those who have never heard before. Our community is a place to seek truth and work through the hard questions that come up along the way.
WHAT DOES THIS LOOK LIKE FOR 2018?
- Thursday Night Bible Studies: These bring community and growth to young Christians
- Mentorship and Leadership Coaching: Meeting with local Christians to develop them as leaders and mobilize them to share the gospel with others in our community
- Muscle Meat-Ups: Monthly weight-lifting meet ups with a post-workout protein load and hang out.
- Fun Nights: Board game nights, cooking nights, and other fellowship activities.
- Self-Defense: Jon Degler would like to get trained and begin teaching self-defense classes in our community and other needed areas throughout Bangkok.
- Yoga: Amanda Degler would like to get certified and teach yoga in our community on a weekly basis.
If you would like to donate toward the training and supplies for these classes, you can give: HERE (Please click the Blue EXERCISE OUTREACH Button).